Next Monday on 2 June 2014, Australia Post will introduce new timetables for Imprint mail, Metered mail, Clean mail, Local Country letters, Charity mail, and - most importantly for many - PreSort letters.
Do you know what is coming?
There are two major changes to sending business mail from 2 June 2014:
- The service names and timetables will change
- Postage Paid Australia indicia will need to change on envelopes
The current Regular delivery service is being renamed Priority and the current Surface Mail delivery services is being renamed Regular.
- Delivery for the new Priority service will range from 1 business day for metro to metro (same state), through to 4 business days for country to country (interstate)
- Delivery for the new Regular service will range from 2-3 business days for metro to metro (same state), through to 5-6 business days for country to country (interstate)
- PreSort letters (300+, BSP sorted, DPID allocated, barcoded)
- Clean mail (300+, unsorted, unbarcoded)
- Imprint/Metered mail